Welcome, Rocket Class of 2019
Tips for a Successful Senior Year:
- Remember that colleges are watching your GPA along with the strength of your schedule, leadership positions, school activities, essays, internships and employment.
- We recommend you apply for the colleges of your choice as soon as possible. Use the www.applytexas.org and the www.commonapp.org links to help you. If your colleges are not listed, check their own websites.
- All universities require the following three things to be submitted in order to be considered a complete application:
- Completed application by listed deadline
- Official transcripts sent by Registrar’s Office
- Submission of SAT and/or ACT scores
- Do your best on the free SAT offered at Irvin in October and make sure to send in your scores through College Board.
- Give your teachers, counselor, or other references at least 2 weeks notice for letters of recommendation. Make sure to provide a resume to all recommenders.
- Apply for federal aid with www.fafsa.gov that is available starting October 1st.
- Apply for scholarships- many are listed on this website.
- Submit copies of any admission letters and scholarships to your counselor or Ms. Gutierrez.
- 10 Tips for Writing the College Application Essay
- Avoid These Big College Application Mistakes
- Cappex-Find College and Scholarships
- College Affordability Guide
- College Raptor-Simplify your College Search
- How To Choose A College That's Right For You
- Index of American Universities
- Top 10 things colleges look for in a high-school student